plaque with id: 4259

Fulham Reach, Thames Path, London W6 9AN William Tierney Clark(Engineer)(Photos Taken: 05-Sep-2019)Link
Plaque Wording: William Tierney Clark 1783 - 1852
William Tierney Clark 1783 - 1852?who lived locally was a distinguished civil engineer,?architect and fellow of the Royal Society. He designed the?first suspension bridge over the Thames at Hammersmith?completed in 1827, which was replaced by the present?bridge in 1887.?Clark?s?Hammersmith Bridge design led?directly to his greatest work, the Chain Bridge over the?Danube at Budapest (1849) shown on the panel above.?Clark was the engineer of the West Middlesex Water?Company located in Hammersmith. His other civil?engineering works were the chain bridges at Marlow (1832)?and Shoreham (1833 - 1923), He also built the Thames?Medway Canal (1824 - 1844) and Gravesend Pier (1834)

Search:
 Home Page  Clark, William Tierney plaque